SUMMARY: The (Positive Life) Youth Case Manager provides supportive service that involves the process of linking and coordinating components of a service system to ensure the client's rehabilitation and health needs are met. The Positive Life YCM facilitates the client-service system through interaction and movement towards planned changes through development of appropriate care plans that include service provision and client advocacy. The position assists the HIV ancillary services in the provision of medical case management and support services to facilitate the patient’s medical, dental, behavioral and specialty care. Participates as a member of the Patient Centered Health Home (PCHH) Care Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Develop supportive relationship with youth on caseload, completing case management responsibilities, documentation and other duties as necessary.
2. Interview youth desiring to enter the PL program by providing comprehensive assessment of the client's rehabilitation needs and determine an appropriate (care)plan.
3. With assistance from the client and coordination with providers, implements and monitor the medical care plan consistent Ryan White guidelines.
4. Offers support services that involve the process of linking and coordinating components of the service system to ensure that the client's health and rehabilitation needs are met.
5. Plans for need/problem resolution through the identification of an appropriate service network inclusive of all available resources.
6. Maintains responsibility for discharge planning and aftercare follow-up.
7. Recruits and retains clients into care.
8. Cultivate contacts and relationships with outside stakeholders (i.e., school systems, community colleges, youth organizations and individuals) that will enhance engagement, recruitment, and preventive initiatives
9. Collaborates with all HIV ancillary care services staff including Substance Abuse Outreach staff, Service Coordinators, Transportation staff and case managers.
10. Supports Service Excellence initiatives and attend required meetings.
11. Ensures timely and accurate submission of required reports.
12. Participate and facilitate community outreach events as needed. Assists with and performs HIV outreach activities, to include: HIV testing, counseling, education and awareness events.
13. Works with patients and staff to provide outreach via social media, home visits, newsletter distribution, mailings, events, etc.
14. Responsible for promoting the collaboration for the patient’s continuum of care with all members of the PCHH Care Team to: A. Improves or maintain the patient’s social, behavioral, functional, and physical health status. B. Assists with closing clinical gaps in care and ensure consistent continuity of care. C. Participates in case reviews during PCHH huddles: Daily & Multidisciplinary
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelors or advanced degree in a human service-related field with documentation of at least two years of human services experience required. Knowledge of HIV Case Management, substance abuse, and mental illness necessary to work with substance abuse/mental illness HIV clients preferred. Knowledge of HIV programs aimed at youth population preferred.
Must have a valid North Carolina driver's license required.