The Certified Medical Assistant or LPN provides basic hands on care for patients by orders of the physician.
1. Work-up of patients (vital signs, weight, etc.)
2. Performs fingerstick hgb & lead.
3. Performs urine analysis and UCG’s.
4. Performs visual screening using Snellen’s eye chart..
5. Assists provider with pelvic and breast examinations.
6. Notifies patients of lab results.
7. Sends missed appointments and follow-up letters to patients
8. Performs strep tests.
9. Performs electrocardiograms.
10. Performs phlebotomy.
11. Assists with input of patient information into lab computer.
12. Administers medication and vaccines per physicians order.
13. Assists with packaging of lab specimens for outside reference labs.
14. Attends continuing education pertinent to job related issues as appropriate.
15. Other duties as assigned (X-rays if trained).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Graduate of community college Medical Assistant program or an accredited LPN program.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Licensed as a Medical Assistant or a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of North Carolina. Annual completion of Basic Life Support course.