SUMMARY: The Courier will be responsible for distribution of mail, collections of daily deposits to be transported to Accounting Department, and transporting supplies to practice locations on a daily basis. The Courier will possess excellent driving skills and practice driving safety at all time. Confidentiality of sensitive materials will be maintained.
1. Picks up various packages, boxes, documents or other items from designated facilities.
2. Principles and practices of safe motor vehicle operation and maintenance.
3. Maintains defensive driving
4. To be responsible for the safe delivery of property between designated sites
5. Traffic laws, ordinances, and rules involved in motor vehicle operation.
6. Geography of the community
7. Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: The ability to interpret policies and procedures, maps, and route directions. The ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs and report them to the fleet manager.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or G.E.D.; must be a minimum of 21 years of age, and possess and maintain a safe driving record.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret road signs in English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Current, valid NC drivers license.